The Trouble with Trash


by Lauren

I would like to explain how trash affects our creeks and bodies of water. When people litter, they leave trash on the ground, right? Well, when the rains come, all that trash and litter gets washed into our creeks and oceans. When it gets in our creeks, it flows down until it meets the ocean. Then the trash gets pushed out to the islands where sea creatures and other animals that live on the islands eat. When they eat this trash, depending on if it’s aluminum, plastic, metal, etc., they can die from it. This makes me very sad when I see litter on the ground. I would very much like it if no one EVER littered, but how can we stop these people? Easy, when you find any trash on the ground or even in our lakes, pick it up! It’s really that simple, only, you have to continually do this. Someday, I wish that everyone would be nice to our lovely, wonderful, earth and not litter. I hope that this has inspired you to help with this issue. Thank you for listening to what I had to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment